Here are the care guidelines we recommend for the first two weeks after the final coat of finish has been applied to your floors.
– No walking on the floors for 24 hours. *See below for airing out your house post-finish.
– After 24 hours, you may walk on the floors with no shoes.
– We recommend you keep shoes and pets off of the floors for a minimum of three days.
– After three days, you may put furniture back on the floors but NO AREA RUGS. In order to best protect your beautiful new floors from scratches we suggest you put some sort of felt pads (like these) under all furniture.
– After two weeks you may put down any area rugs you have. Putting them down before the two week period will compromise the full curing process of the finish and may lead to discoloration.
What’s the safest and quickest way to get rid of the odor from the finish?
The best and quickest way to air out your house after the final coat has been applied is air movement.
– Open up as many windows and doors as possible.
– Please do not do this until 24 hours has passed as to avoid any dust or particles landing on potentially wet finish.
– Fans are great for getting air movement in the space as well.
– In the winter, it’s ok to leave the heat off for a day or so while you are airing out the house but please turn it back on after a day to ensure the proper curing process of the floors.
– In addition, you may want to change the filter in your furnace. We take great care in sealing off any heating vents and areas of the house that are not having work done but dust and odors can still escape the work area.